TriathlonWeston A.C. is now affiliated to British Triathlon and therefore any members wishing to enter any Tri events can now enter under Weston A.C. and pay the fee appropriate for affiliated clubs.
Triathlon AdviceThe following people will be quite happy to give advice on Weston A.C. Triathlon :
Paul Snelling (01934 732361)
Andy Salter (01934 510227)
Bicycle Chain in Locking Road are always willing to give advice regarding equipment for bikes. Also, they will give a 10% discount to all Weston A.C. members on production of their membership cards.
Cycling TrainingA group meet at the entrance to Priory School on Saturdays at 8:15am for a cycle of approx. 50 to 60 miles (with a cafe stop). Varying abilities and nobody gets left behind.
Swimming TrainingA group usually meet at Hutton Moor Sports Centre on Monday evening at approx. 8:15pm. In the spring and summer open water training is held at various places.
Triathlon\Duathlon - What Are They?Triathlon
The basic format for a Triathlon is Swimming -> Cycling -> Running.
Most common types are :
1. Sprint: Swim approx. 400M, Cycle approx 25K, Run 4 miles. (Locally held at Taunton ,Burnham and Langport)
2. Olympic Distance: Swim 1500M, Cycle 40K, Run 10K
3. Half Ironman: Swim 1.2 miles, Cycle 55 miles, Run 13.1 miles
4. Full Ironman: Swim 2.4 miles, Cycle 112 miles, Run 26.2 miles
The basic format for a Duathlon is Running -> Cycling -> Running.
Duathlon's come in various distances but the standard distances are :
1. Short Distance: Run 10K, Cycle 40K, Run 5K
2. Long Distance: Run 22K, Cycle 100K, Run 10K