Weston Prom Run
Online entry for the 34rd Weston AC Prom Run Series is now open.
The race HQ is at the Bay Cafe in the Tropicana, Marine Parade, W-s-M, BS23 1BE. Please use the pedestrian crossings when crossing Beach Road. Parking is available along Marine Parade at a cost of £1.50 after 6pm.
- 5 Mile Series - Click Here to enter online
- 5 Mile Series - Click Here for a paper entry form. (Note this is for entry on the day only, we regret we won't be taking postal entries this year and to benefit from the early bird discount you will need to enter online)
- Race 1: 22 September 2016
- Race 2: 20 October 2016
- Race 3: 24 November 2016
- Race 4: 22 December 2016
- Race 5: 19 January 2017
- Race 6: 16 February 2017
- Race 7: 23 March 2017
- Race 8: 20 April 2017
- Race 9: 18 May 2017
1 Mile Prom Run Series
The One Mile Prom Run Series will continue alongside the 2016-17 Five Mile Prom Series. Races start at 6.45pm.The minimum age for entry to the race is seven years of age and will be FREE to all competitors aged 16 and under. There will be a GBP2.00 charge for all other entrants. The race is aimed at giving younger athletes (and older ones) the opportunity to run on the Weston prom under fully marshaled race conditions. Registration and number distribution will take place on the night of the run only from 6:00pm in the Bay Cafe (race HQ for the main race). A presentation will take place prior to the start of the 5 mile race at 7:30pm.
A link to the full set of results for previous season's "One Mile Prom Run" series is below.
- [ Full Set of 2015-16 One Mile Prom Results (Excel Format) ]
- [ Summary of 2015-16 One Mile Prom Results ]
- [ Full Set of 2014-15 One Mile Prom Results (Excel Format) ]
- [ Summary of 2014-15 One Mile Prom Results ]
5 Mile Prom Run Series
The Weston Prom Runs are an annual series of 9 five-mile races, held under ARC rules, covering two laps of the famous Weston-super-Mare promenade. Races start on the promenade near our new race HQ, the Bay Cafe in the Tropicana, Marine Parade, W-s-M, BS23 1BE. Start time is 7:30pm. Runners can enter the complete 9 race series and/or individual races. All standards of runner take part - so don't be put off if you are a new runner.
Refreshments and toilets are available at the Bay Cafe in the Tropicana, Marine Parade, W-s-M, BS23 1BE (Race HQ). This will also be the venue for the post race prize presentations. Large car parks are nearby. We regret that there are no changing or shower facilities available.
GBP23.00 for the whole 9 race series (or GBP20.00 if you enter before 1st September) or GBP4.00 for a single race (please add an extra GBP2.00 if not ARC affiliated).
- Spot prizes
- Male: Senior Male, MV40, MV50 and MV60
- Female: Senior Female, FV35, FV45 and FV55
- Team: Male, Male Vet & Female series winners. Team prizes presented at the May race
- Special memento to all runners who complete all 9 races in the series
- New pair of running shoes for first overall Male & Female series winners- Vouchers for the 2nd and 3rd overall Male & Female series winners
- Vouchers for category winners
Competitors please note that individual points are worked out from the best 6 of the first 8 races. April is the last race that will count for individual points. The 9th race (May) is excluded so that we can get the prizes out quicker on the final night. However the Team prizes are worked out from all 9 races.
There are three team categories, Senior Male, Male Vet and Female. A senior male team can contain Male Vet runners but not vice versa. Female team members can be in any age category. Please refer to the entry form for more details about entering a team into the Prom Series. Team entries must be submitted on or before 20 October 2015.
- Click Here to view the final 2014-2015 Prom Series Prize Winners.
- Click Here to view the final 2014-2015 Prom Team results (Excel Format).
- Click Here to view the final 2014-2015 Prom Team results (PDF Format).
- Click Here to view the final 2013-2014 Prom Series Prize Winners.
- Click Here to view the final 2013-2014 Prom Team results (Excel Format).
- Click Here to view the final 2013-2014 Prom Team Summary (PDF Format).
- Click Here to view the final 2012-2013 Prom Team results (Excel Format).
- Click Here to view the final 2012-2013 Prom Team Summary (PDF Format).
- Click Here to view the final 2011-2012 Prom Team results (Excel Format).
- Click Here to view the final 2011-2012 Prom Team Summary (PDF Format).
- Click Here to view the final 2010-2011 Prom Team results (Excel Format).
- Click Here to view the final 2010-2011 Prom Team Summary (PDF Format).
Important Note:Please note that the race number system for the 2015-16 series will be the same as the last series. All competitors who enter the series will be issued with one number for the whole series. Runners must keep their number and re-use it in all races in the series. Runners who enter on the night must still go to Race HQ prior to the race start to collect their race number. Numbers will be e-mailed to all runners prior to the race, all applicants can collect their numbers from the race HQ.
Races / Results
|24 September 2015||September Weston Prom Run Series (1 of 9)|
|22 October 2015||October Weston Prom Run Series (2 of 9)|
|19 November 2015||November Weston Prom Run Series (3 of 9)|
|17 December 2015||December Weston Prom Run Series (4 of 9)|
|21 January 2016||January Weston Prom Run Series (5 of 9)|
|18 February 2016||February Weston Prom Run Series (6 of 9)|
|17 March 2016||March Weston Prom Run Series (7 of 9)|
|14 April 2016||April Weston Prom Run Series (8 of 9)|
|12 May 2016||May Weston Prom Run Series (9 of 9)|
Next Race DetailsEntry Details for next installment of the Weston Prom Run have yet to be finalised. Please check back later for further information.
|Race Director :||Malcolm Gammon|
|Contact Telephone :||01934 813340|
|Contact Email :||Email the Race Organiser|
|Contact Address :||Weston Athletic Club. PO Box 574. Weston-super-Mare. BS23 9HS|