TWAC Monday 28/5/18
There will be hills, trail and stunning views of Wales, Beacon Batch and Crook Peak!
We will have a 1.7 mile circuit with 260ft of climb per lap – so still plenty of chance to get over 1000ft climb
Mixed surface, trail, rock, mud, and a tiny bit of road (sorry)
• Session type - Undulating loop circuit
• Session duration - 60 minutes
• Meeting Point - Lower Kewstoke Road BS22 9JX, just past Pilgrims Way. 100yds up the footpath that goes up past the quarry to the Observatory. The path is well signposted and just Look out for lots of loitering TWACs ****please go on up the path and past the houses, don't linger at the bottom next to the road as can be narrow and don't want anyone squashed by passing cars ****
• Parking - Park anywhere around the surrounding streets you can, car share if possible or run to the start?
• Meeting time - 6:50pm leaving at 7pm. Anyone late head upwards and follow the signs
• Things to bring - Drink & warm top, cider tokens, bananas, Billy kit
• Pub - The Old Manor Inn
Monday 21 May 2018
This year's Beacon Batch race takes place on Tuesday 19th June at 7.30pm, I'm sure you know how glorious it is to run on the trails in the area. Why not enter this years race for only £6 in Adv? Visit the Beacon Batch page for booking info. There will also be opportunities to help with marshalling, if you would like to get involved and help then please message me. Thanks
Sunday 20 May 2018
Different signing system seem to put
different things TACH races are all Weston AC
Also need to make sure we enter as Weston Athletic Club NOT Weston Athletics Club. That pesky S.
I imagine Full on Sport have a way of checking that they pick up everybody connected with a club when there is a team prize.
However of the 50 or so entries 37 were under Weston Athletic Club so we should use that as our name and ask everyone to change their club (saved in the FOS entry system) when they next enter a race through FOS. Some of the other versions make quite amusing reading.
Perhaps we should agree a single format of our club name for future races? WAC maybe?
Friday 18 May 2018
BBC Coverage of The Night of the 10,000 PB's -
This Event is growing every year.
The BBC will be broadcasting both the men's and women's A races from Parliament Hill athletics track.
Saturday, 19 May
Athletics - Night of the 10,000m PBs
20:20-22:30 BST - Connected TV and online
Copyright © 2002-2018 Weston Athletic Club. All rights reserved.